Despite the appointment of former Liverpool and Real Madrid manager Rafael Benitez in March, Newcastle United will be scrapping it out in the Championship next season.
The managerial charge of Rafael Benitez in Newcastle United initiated on March 11 of 2016 but so far it has been a fairly disappointing time for the Spanish manager as the amount of points that has been dropped is huge and Newcastle United are still at risk of being relegated unless they can claim a triumph over Tottenham Hotspur in their last match of the season and Sunderland will also have to lose their last matches in order for Newcastle United to have any chance of surviving in the Premier League for another season.
Fabricio Coloccini has rejected suggestions that Newcastle United’s poor form has been down to the lack of leadership in the team.
After the appointment of Steve McClaren in the summer, positivity was expected at St James’s Park. However, it took the club more than 10 games in order to get the first league win under the new manager.
John Carver, who is in charge of Newcastle United for the time being, says that he is not one of those managers who would let the club board pick the squad for any game.
According to Carver, to make the selections is the job of the manager and it’s him only who should do it.
People were speculating that Mike Ashley, the Newcastle chairman, might be directing Carver whom to pick and whom not to. But, it’s been denied by Carver.
Edmar Halowski de Lacerda, a soccer player who was born in Brazil, but, had made taken the citizenship of Ukraine to get the opportunity to play international football, has got into trouble now as the Ukrainian government has asked him to join the military camps.
De Lacerda has spent all his life playing soccer only and he has no idea how he would be able to battle with machine gun in his hands at the border if he does get sent there.
Former Newcastle United owner Freddy Shepherd has revealed that current manager Alan Pardew will not have survived under his regime after such a poor run of results.
Pardew was given an eight-year contract by owner Mike Ashley in what is seen as a strange decision by the club. This has meant that they have been unable to sack him even when the manager was found guilty of head-butting an opposition player during a recent match with Hull city. This led to Pardew being banned from the stadium for three matches and a further touchline ban for several matches.
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has received the highest punishment given to a Premier league manager in the history. He has been fined £ 60,000 and given a seven match ban following his head-butt of Hull City midfielder David Meyler.
This is one of the several problems Pardew has run into players and other managers over the last few years. The manager has also been given a separate £ 100,000 fine by his club. The 52-year-old will now miss most of this season, and he has revealed that he is likely to seek help by attending anger management courses.
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has apologised to the Hull City player David Meyler for his involvement in a clash that saw the manager sent to the stands for bad behaviour. Newcastle were the recent visitors to the KC stadium in the Premier league match.
They managed a 4-1 win over the relegation threatened opposition to finally take some pressure off the club. Newcastle had managed three successive defeats before finally breaking the run with a 1-0 win over Aston Villa last weekend. They had to build on this win in order to sustain their position in the top half of the table.
Alan Pardew already spoke to the media about his January plans as the coach of Newcastle United said that it will be a fairly quiet month involving transfers but even with his statements, there still are a number of players that have been linked with Newcastle United.
Newcastle United has heightened their interest in Wilfried Zaha, the Manchester United winger, by opening dialogues to bring him in on loan, stated a leading United Kingdom based tabloid. Recent reports suggest that Wilfried’s representatives have already met the Newcastle United officials to talk about the possibility of a 6 month contract.
While manager David Moyes is believed to be very keen on the suggestion of Wilfried getting 1st team football in English Premier League, the twenty year old has eliminated a come back to Crystal Palace, his former club.